AmendIcons
Saturday, August 12, 2006
  Overheard: They're saying it's over
My eye caught a Banner saying "the day after" on Ha'aretz daily news.
They made a graphic for the day after the war, it is time to begin discussing an aftermath, calming down the people, broadcasting everything is alrite and going back to normal.

What IS normality? when all these lives have been lost, all these infra-structures destroyed, economies shaken.

This personal journal have been an attempt in understanding the process of War and a way of dealing with the frustration of being away from loved ones, away from home. A home away from home. The experience of exile (diaspora).

A waking up to the truth, that the world is a much different place than I had been taught.

A physical response, like a fake sympathetic pregnancy
I have not been able to eat for a month
It felt like they're tearing down my insides
And concern to all of my family, with an understanding that with all my love to
the place in which I grew up, I am not able to go back there unless
there is some sort of political, personal, etc etc way of change.

What can I change?

Change starts in me, I can promote change by distributing information.

This IS an age of information, wars will be won by keeping it free.

They're telling me it's over although it's in plain sight that it is not.
The military campaign may be winding down, the diplomatic/political campaign is not.

Keyword: winding down does not mean full stop.

We have grown up in this process.
It is now our responsibility to figure out a different way.


S.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This blog is part of the AmendIcons project, taking place at the Makor gallery/ 92 Street Y New York in July-August 2006.

* {Icons designed to improve, to remove faults and errors, to alter, to enrich, to change for better}

The content in this blog is solely posted and maintained by the blog's moderator, Shiri Sandler, and is a reflection of thought.

De-Aesthetisizing a war

~aPE-gIRL~

{Hear evil, See evil, Deflect evil}

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 /


Powered by Blogger